Milestone XProtect® Essential: Secure neighborhood shops with small-business video surveillance
Local shops and small offices feel safer with basic video surveillance capabilities. Milestone’s XProtect Essential delivers an easy, affordable, and open IP video management software (VMS) platform for single-site businesses.
With support for up to 26 cameras, this entry-level solution proves ideal for capturing and recording incidents and conducting investigations. Users of varying skill levels can leverage this powerful but simple solution that’s easy to install, upgrade, and operate.
XProtect Essential highlights include:
- Rapid identification of video sequences with easy-to-use search tools
- Flexible access through standard viewing interface, web-based interface and mobile application
- Customer Dashboard lets resellers monitor system health to ensure optimal operation
- Simple map delivers a complete system overview
- Fast, flexible, viewing with automatic configuration wizard and automatic camera discovery
- Quickly identify and create video evidence using new interactive maps, efficient video search tools, remote control, and flexible playback via media players, email and MMS
- Effortlessly add cameras
- Improved licensing flow simplifies upgrade procedures
- Automatic motion detection sensitivity adjustment
- With three versatile clients to help manage your video faster
Milestone XProtect® Smart Client: Streamline video surveillance with feature-rich interface
It’s one thing to install video cameras to enhance security and other to put the footage to good use. Milestone’s XProtect® Smart Client application works with XProtect IP video management software (VMS) and the Milestone Husky™ series to streamline daily surveillance operations at businesses of all types and sizes.
With excellent situational awareness, the solution helps speed the creation of video evidence and optimize working environments for different tasks.
XProtect SmartClient highlights include:
- Advanced investigation tools
- Easy-to-navigate video timeline speeds investigation
- Integrated video timelinefacilitates navigation, playback and export of video evidence
- Quickly turn video into evidence using new Storyboard feature
- Seamlessly integrates with diverse security and business systems applications
- Flexible access to surveillance using XProtect Smart Client, Milestone Mobile and XProtect Web—clients are free of charge and can be used in any combination
- System can be accessed on-site, off-site or on-the-go
- Interactive, multi-layered maps provide a comprehensive overview and control of cameras and other devices
- Faster response to incidents with consolidated Alarm Manager, bookmarking of areas of interest, and independent playback on one camera while continuing to view live video from another
- XProtect® Smart Wall facilitates publishing and sharing of cameras on video wall
- XProtect® Smart Client – Playerviewer adds strong password protection and access control
- Available in 27 languages
Milestone XProtect® Web Client: Use the Web to simplify video surveillance
It’s one thing to capture evidence on video, and another to be able to act on it quickly. Milestone’s XProtect Web Client provides an intuitive, web-based interface for efficient viewing and sharing of video evidence captured during surveillance operations.
Running on any Internet-enabled computer or device, the web client provides instant access to commonly used surveillance functions, along with remote access to systems from all common browsers and operating systems. Using the clent, systems can be monitored off-site from any location connected to the Internet.
Quick to learn and simple to operate for users of all levels, XProtect Web Client offers powerful scalability and an optimized experience in systems with many users.
- Flexible access to surveillance using XProtect Smart Client, Milestone Mobile and XProtect Web Client – Clients are free of charge and can be used in any combination
- Access system on-site, off-site or on-the-go
- Instantly view live video from one or multiple cameras
- Play back video recordings and control pan-tilt-zoom cameras
- Compatible with all common operating systems and web browsers including: Microsoft® Windows®, Linux, OS X®, Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Safari®, Google Chrome™ and Mozilla® Firefox®
- Securely share video evidence by sending AVI or still images (JPEG) to other online users without burning DVDs or using USB flash drives
- HTTPS support provides secure communication
- User-triggered outputs such as opening/closing doors and switching lights on/off
- Milestone Federated Architecture™ support: Access cameras from all sub-sites in large, multi-site installations
- Available in 27 languages
Milestone Mobile: Access your video surveillance on-the-go with free mobile app
Video surveillance adds a powerful dimension to securing your business, and now you don’t even have to be present to take full advantage. The Milestone Mobile application lets users can access their surveillance while on-the-go so they can act to prevent incidents, anywhere and anytime.
This free downloadable app lets you easily view, play back and export video from mobile devices. Milestone Mobile works with all XProtect® video management software (VMS), the Milestone Husky™ NVR series, and with the Milestone Arcus™ platform. Download it today from Google Play, the App Store?äá or Windows Phone Store to instantly tap into your surveillance system via Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
Milestone Mobile highlights include:
- View and play back incidents on smartphones and tablets to ensure areas are secure
- Encryption ensure secure communication
- Video Push add-on feature allows users to push live video from the device's camera directly into XProtect systems for immediate awareness of incidents
- Document the location of video with new GPS positioning that associates a position with video pushed using Video Push
- Create and watch exported video on-the-go to enable immediate action
- Output control lets users control outputs (closing and opening doors, switching lights on/off, etc.) while off-site
- Supports Milestone Federated Architecture allowing users to access cameras from all sites across large installations
- Available in 27 languages
How does the licensing work?
Milestone licenses by the use of a base licensee and camera or device licenses.
Base license : In XProtect Essential one base license is needed per physical or virtual server. This one base license comes with two (2) camera licenses (XPESCL) and your first year of Software Upgrade Program (SUP) for both the base and the two camera licenses. The base supports up to 28 cameras or streams.
Device/Camera license : After the initial two licenses that come with the base you can extend your system by buying additional camera licenses. One license is needed for each camera, audio, I/O, video push or screen recorder you would like the XProtect Essential NVR to record. Like the base license the camera licenses also come with your first year of SUP included in the software price.
Example of a 16 channel Essential surveillance software with 1 year SUP:
- 1 x XPESBL (Base license with 2 cameras and 1 year SUP)
- 14 x XPESCL (Camera license and 1 year SUP)