Cambium Networks PMP 450: Optimize Outdoor Deployments with High Performance, Low Latency, and GPS Synchronization
With so many more users carrying multiple mobile devices with them everywhere they go, “anywhere, anytime” connectivity has evolved from novelty to necessity. Designed for fixed outdoor applications, Cambium Networks Point-to-Multipoint (PMP) 450 solution leverages industry-best wireless broadband technologies to achieve optimal throughput, rate, reach, and reliability. Low-latency access offers state-of-the-art connectivity for voice, video, and data services in both business and residential markets.
The PMP 450 platform consists of a high-performing access point (AP), subscriber module (SM), and reflector dish used to meet the needs of fast-growing telecom and business challenges:
- Rural connectivity: PMP 450 APs deliver up to 125 Mbps throughput and deployable in multiple rings to provide more than 1 Gbps.
- Service provider networks: PMP 450 rapidly extends reach to new locations in underserved regions
- Private networks: Campus locations, remote sites, and SOHO locations can be linked cost-effectively. PMP 450 also proves Ideal for connecting indoor wireless local area networks (WLANs) for a comprehensive wireless IP network solution.
- Government agencies: Operators can quickly roll out links for public safety, service, and access
PMP 450 Highlights include:
- Operates in 2.4 GHz, 3GHz, and 5 GHz bands
- Provides Dynamic Adaptive Modulation up to 256 QAM
- GPS Synchronization
- Supports tiered service models
- APs deliver consistent high throughput (125 Mbps per sector and > 1 Gbps per tower)
- Software-defined upgrades allow throughput from 4 Mbps to 55 Mbps
- Interoperability with existing portfolio modules
- Flexible deployment options
The Subscriber Module
PMP 450 Subscriber Modules (SMs) are integrated outdoor transceivers that combine radio, antenna, and networking technology. Devices can be deployed on rooftops or towers, with each requiring its own power-supply unit. Each AP can support up to 238 SMs, which are scalable in capacities of 4, 10, and 20 Mbps, plus an uncapped capacity.
PMP 450 SM Features:
- Up to 55 Mbps throughput uncapped capacity
- Offered as integrated or connectorized models
- Power over Ethernet (PoE provides power to SMs (indoor-deployed power)
- Cat 5e cable connects SMs mounted outdoors to indoor power supplies
- Increase gain with a CLIP or reflector dish to extend range (integrated version)
- Two male N-type cables on cconnectorized version
- User-defined capacity cap determines achievable sustained throughput for each SM
- Upgrades do not require equip to be changed